Sunday, August 16, 2015

MY LANLORD STOLE MY CAR KEYS WHEN HE TRIED TO ILLEGALLY EVICT ME AND MY ROOMMATES. WHAT SHOULD I DO?


I was living in my same home for over a year and 2 months ago myself and my roommates found out that the landlord had not been paying the mortgage in 9 months and the bank decided to start the foreclosure process on the house. He got upset with all of us when we said that we were no longer going to be paying him rent because of the foreclosure and would start looking for a new place to live. (THE LANDLORD DID NOT LIVE ON PROPERTY). So he tried to evict us illegally and we of course called the police. He got upset with me for calling the cops and came by the house and started acting crazy and making a scene. He started going in and out of the bedrooms and left before the police arrived. When he left I went to my room just to check on things and noticed my car keys were no longer on my desk. I called him saying I know he took my car keys and I want them back. He laughed about it and sarcastically denied taking them. I know that he took my car keys out of anger towards me and the other guys. I called the police on him again and they said that all they can do is go over to his house and ask him if he took the keys and if he says no there's not much they can do. When we moved to our new place I had to have my car towed. So now my car has been sitting around for weeks and I don't know what to do. I called the Mercedes dealer and they said that they are the only ones who can make a key and it would cost $345 for a new one. What should I do? This is for the Los Angeles, CA. THANKS

Read more: MY LANLORD STOLE MY CAR KEYS WHEN HE TRIED TO ILLEGALLY EVICT ME AND MY ROOMMATES. WHAT SHOULD I DO?