Saturday, September 19, 2015

Should I buy a condo or a house?


I graduated college a year ago and have lived with my parents since and saved every penny of my salary at my new job so I have enough to make a deposit for a mortgage up to $250k. I was thinking of either buying a luxury condo in the city center which is where I work and where all the night life is or I can buy a modest house about 20-30 min away in the suburbs. I know that with a house I don't have to pay a building maintenance fee and I don't have to worry about hauling groceries up 20 stories but with a house you have to maintain a yard and the electric bill might be higher and then I have to commute much further which means I have to spend more on gas etc… So I'm not sure what to do. Since I'm single and I don't really want to be in a serious relationship right now I was thinking of buying a condo now and when I'm ready to settle down and start a family I can move out into a house in the suburbs. What do you think I should do?

Read more: Should I buy a condo or a house?