Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Taxes filing, how to file, separated from spouse?


I separated from my husband in May of this year (more than half the year), I live with my parents and I have two kids that also live with my parents. Husband lives in our marital home until it sells. I have no income, unemployed, my parents support kids and I (minus his $100 a month for kids groceries, he does not pay child support as he claims he doesn t have it since he still pays out marital homes mortgage).

How do I file taxes? Do I go on my parents taxes along with my children as dependents? Or do I have to do my own tax filing as married filing separate (married joint I won t do) although I have no income to claim? I know he still has to list me on his taxes as we aren t divorced yet, but I can be a dependent on someone else s taxes? Confused

Read more: Taxes filing, how to file, separated from spouse?