Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Argument with Husband over money?


My husband and I have complete different stances on money… While I like to buy myself and him the nicer things in life every once in a while (because why not!) - A magazine, some new clothes, a book, decor for the house etc he likes to hoard it for a 'rainy day'. I understand savings are important. But we have ample savings. More than the average household i'm sure.
We both work full time, he earns a little more due to his industry but we work just as hard as each other. We have no children and have been together for 6.5 years, married for 1 year.
I ensure our bills and mortgage are paid every week, the fridge is full, future bills money is set aside, the pets are fed and then we put leftover income into a savings account and what is leftover after that is for spending on whatever we wish and we go halves in that amount.

However no matter WHAT or WHEN I buy anything ranging from $2 to $200 my husband berates me. What's worse is the silent treatment I get, he says nothing and has an attitude and makes sarcastic remarks about my purchase and sometimes he drags this awful mood out for DAYS and I get miserable. He claims over and over that 'nothing is wrong' yet if I dig really hard he finally blows up about the $10 purchase I made 3 days ago. Why did I need to buy that? Our latest rival has me thinking twice about the person I've married. It feels as money is more important than me.

Read more: Argument with Husband over money?