Saturday, October 24, 2015

What do I do with my ex's mail until the house sells?


My house is in my ex husband's name and is up for sale.
I will get the proceeds of the sale minus the mortgage to buy a smaller property.

It has been 3 years since he moved out but I am still getting his mail because the business has my house down as it's home address for bank mail. He says he can't change this as he needs the house with the mortgage for his business address and that he has a right to his mail.

The bank knows his new address - at the moment he is not allowed near the property as I had to call the police around as he is violent to me.
I used to bring them to his supervised visitations but they have stopped now.

So I used to collect a few letters and forward his mail to his business in a packet but that cost me money - and I also tried putting his new address on them and put them back in the post.
I also put a cross through it and sent them back to the bank.

But still I am getting his works bank mail - it isn't important stuff just his directors mail.

Any ideas what I can do with them? If I keep them he could take me to court.

Read more: What do I do with my ex's mail until the house sells?