Monday, October 19, 2015

Why does it cost so much money to join Atheism?


A few years ago, when I was confused about my sexuality and gender, I was considering joining Atheism. Upon finding out how much it cost to join, it make me wonder how I will pay for my membership. I tried going to bank and get loan and then try taking out second mortgage to pay for expensive member fees. I told them what's it for and they denied me. Was this discrimination and could I have done something? Also, I am required to pay minimum of $1200 to join Atheism. If I want to experience full benefit of Atheism I.must pay $12000. Why is so expensive to join? Does Atheism only want my money?

https://atheists.org/life-membershipLife Member

$1,200.00
Benefits
I wish to waive all benefits.
Includes a Life Member pin, membership card, and discount on our annual national convention.
Silver Life Member
$2,400.00
Benefits
I wish to waive all benefits.
Includes all benefits of Life Membership, plus free convention admission for life.
Gold Life Member
$6,000.00
Benefits
I wish to waive all benefits.
Includes all benefits of Life Membership, plus two free convention admissions for life.
Platinum Life Member
$12,000.00
Benefits
I wish to waive all benefits.
Includes four convention admissions for life and a personal meeting with American Atheists staff.

Read more: Why does it cost so much money to join Atheism?