Saturday, December 5, 2015

Reverse mortgage/ deed After death?


My mom had a reverse mortgage on the family home (company took advantage of her) after she died I tried to contact them about taking over the house, no reply. The house sat vacant for almost 3 years, a family member got a call asking us to help HUD close the deal, make things easier for everyone and just come in and sign a deed… Rather then thousands of documents, waiting several years and a court hearing. I feel like we are being conned, out names weren't on the house or mortgage.
I believe the value of the house has gone up and there is equity, which we would be signing away. I checked online and cannot find any evidence of a deed or mortgage being filed on the house.
Advice please!

Read more: Reverse mortgage/ deed After death?