Tuesday, January 19, 2016

People say schools prepared you for life, but is this really true?


We can't dye our hair, have piercings, have opinions, and double standards are set way too often. They teach us about Pythagoras, about isotopes, rays of light, about area of circles, about angles, about history on wars, in 1066, is this really preparing us for life or is this pointless, what use have I fit for these subjects, it's wasting my time teaching me things I'm never going to do in life, if you can't give a reason for teaching something that can't be used in every day life should it really be compulsory, or should it instead be there to teach us about paying a mortgage and getting a job, and looking after children and cooking and other life skills, they teach us about contraception but not how to look after a child when we want one, and I'm finding it difficult to accept this because I'm so afraid of what's ahead in life and were not being taught about it, and they say parents are supposed to teach us it, but if parents were taught this then that's the problem solved but they weren't. They also don't let us do things such as dye our hair get piercings and express our opinion in a school that is compulsory yet is teaching me **** I'll never use again, and they don't teach us how to look after ourselves, or how to help out our friends when were worried about them, and I'm finding it difficult to understand that different languages and isotopes and Pythagoras and quadratics ECT are more important than life skills and why freedom of speech is taken away at schools

Read more: People say schools prepared you for life, but is this really true?