Saturday, January 23, 2016

UK Benefits system is wrong and destroying lives?


I have worked since leaving school aged 16. That's 30 years and been in my current job for 22 years. It's a good paying job with a pension. In October 2014 I injured my back while doing my job. However, it wasn't until April 2015 that I could no longer work and was put on the sick. After an MRI in June 2015 I was told I have 3 prolapsed discs and need surgery. My employer paid me 6 months sick pay so I was paid up until November 2015. I then went onto ESA. I was told to go for an assessment on 29th December 2015. In early January my ESA was stopped because I failed the assessment. In their opinion I was able to do office work. I explained as I did during my assessment that I am still employed by my employer but they have no lighter or office work for me. I was then told, and I quote YOU WILL HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR JOB AND CLAIM JOBSEEKERS So YOU CAN LOOK FOR A LESS HEAVY JOB. She also gave me a rundown of her health problems and finished by saying how she still has to go to work. I have obviously appealed their decision. Can they really make me do that? I also have a very good claim in progress with my employer because my injury was neglect on their side. Part of my claim will be for lost earnings. If I leave now then lost earnings will only be up to this point. I could be waiting months for surgery. I currently have no money, receiving no money and slowly getting into debt because I can't pay my mortgage. Please help. Thank you.

Read more: UK Benefits system is wrong and destroying lives?