Monday, January 25, 2016

What kind of lawyer do I need to sue my mortgage company?


Back in August my mortgage company stopped paying my hazard insurance. Instead of notifying me of this in August they waited until December. I received two letters from them both dated the same date and postmarked the same date. The first stated that I no longer had hazard insurance and that they would pick their own if I did not select one myself which would increase my rate by a lot. The second letter stated it was a second notice and that now I owed them money for the gap between August and December that they were using the insurance they picked. I called them and asked why I wasn t notified and they replied with they can t help me I m basically screwed their words.yes really! I contacted my insurance company who said they contacted my mortgage company inquiring about the payments stopping and told them it would lapse if they didn t pay. The mortgage company refused to pay and let it lapse. Because of this I had to get a brand new insurance company which charges more. To add insult the mortgage company just send my new mortgage statement it jumped from 1180.00 to 1457.75!

Anyone with answers please point me in the right direction thank you

Read more: What kind of lawyer do I need to sue my mortgage company?