Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Will this affect my ability to qualify for a mortgage?


I received a job offer but I am not starting immediately. However I am in such a horrible position w my current company that quit and have picked up a waitressing job for the couple of weeks I am in between jobs. I heard that unemployment for more than 10 consecutive days can lessen your chances of qualifying for a mortgage. While I am not unemployed, I understand waitressing isn't really ideal either. I expect to be waitressing in between careers for roughly 3-8 weeks. I also know that I will have to wait 6 months into my new job to qualify for a mortgage, as would anyone switching companies. That being said, should I still be able to qualify for w loan in 6 months?

Read more: Will this affect my ability to qualify for a mortgage?