Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Can i sue my boss for firing me because of this?


My father is currently renting an apartment that the owner of the company i work for (my boss) owns. My boss was not paying his mortgage AT All the whole year, while my father was in fact giving him his rent money every first day of the month. My father received a letter Friday as a last notice saying that he has to leave the appartment at 10:00 AM today 2/2/2016 because of my boss not paying the mortgage AT ALL. My father has never received this letter before while living there, just Friday.

What legal actions can i take if my boss decides to fire me because of what he did to my dad? Because he clearly knows after today if my dad gets kicked out of the apartment i will not work for for him anymore and will try to do something to bring him down for what he did to my dad. But i also want to know if he can actually fire me and i can sue him.

So is there any law in Massachusetts that will protect me if my boss fires me? And so can i sue my boss?

Thanks in advance.

Read more: Can i sue my boss for firing me because of this?