Friday, February 26, 2016

How badly will my credit score be affected if my name gets added to the mortgage?


Okay so the situation is like this.

My mom did a quit claim deed to transfer ownership of our home to me in hopes of me being able to use that as an asset to take out a loan to invest in real estate.

The problem is that most investment lenders require you to be on the title AND the mortgage. Mind you I m only 21 with a credit score of 637 (it recently dropped, but I m working to raise it back up). So my overall goal is to raise my credit score and have our home (which we occupy) used as an asset for me to get an investment loan.

Will adding my name to the mortgage significantly hurt my credit score? Because I can t afford it to drop if the drop is going to be substantial. Please let me know how my score will be affected if I were to add my name along with my mom on the mortgage

Ps. I have a very cheap rental property owned free and clear with my name on the title so that also can be used as an asset.

It s about $88k left on the mortgage

Read more: How badly will my credit score be affected if my name gets added to the mortgage?