Monday, February 22, 2016

Mortgage under writer requesting Impossible Document from my Company HR?


Right now I'm currently buying a house and my file went to under writing 4 weeks ago. Over the past 4 weeks, I have called the under writer only to get her machine and no phone call for 4 weeks. 5 days before closing she emails me requesting 9 Documents! I sent them all to her the same day.

I go to closing Tuesday morning at 9am. The Under Writer calls me this last friday Feb 20th, and requests that I get a letter from my Human Resources department at work, with a letter head, including my name. Stating that I will continue to get overtime and bonuses ( Which are given out when you have good stats ) every month that I'm a employee.

I called my HR and got someone there who was working after hours, they laughed and said they could never produce such a document for legal reasons. The under writer Acknowledges the Bonuses and overtime on every paycheck for the last 12 months, which I provided to them. HR is telling me NO…

What Can I do in this situation? The Under Writer says this is a critical document. I've already paid down the $1000 earnest, and paid for the Inspection and appraisal, notified my rent company that I will be moving out… Why would she do this to me last minute? Even my real estate agent said that its a bogus request. What do I do?

Read more: Mortgage under writer requesting Impossible Document from my Company HR?