Thursday, March 31, 2016

Our house price has increased considerably in 2.5yrs?


Hi firstly thanks for taking the time to read my question. My partner and I bought a run down property 2.5 yrs ago for a great price of £70'000 we.ve done a huge amount to it and just had a few agents out to give us a valuation we were very shocked to hear them say we should be able to sell fairly easily for around £130'0000 due to it being badly advertised when we bought it, the state it was in and the slump in the market plus the fact the vendors had moved abroard and needed a fast sale we got a great deal on it and as first time buyers then we didnt quite realise how lucky we were. But my question is what does the increase in value really mean for us? Does it infact make any difference unless we decide to sell? I have no experience with how mortgages work and it all confuses me does anyone have an easy way to explain what our options would be? My other half tries to tell me but he confuses me even more. Tia x

Read more: Our house price has increased considerably in 2.5yrs?