Saturday, March 26, 2016

Partner trying to remove me from home?!


Hi guys,

Wondering if any of you can help.

Myself and my partner purchased our own home 6 months ago (September 2015). Due to me being made redundant and only having my new job for 2 months he put the mortgage in his sole name and agreed to add me onto the mortgage months later.

I paid £5000 deposit to the property, I have bank statements proving half my wages goes into my partners account and has been for 2 years for bills, furniture etc (we rented before buying) and I have proof - messages & cards, from himself and all his family promising me this is half my home. We was due to get married in 9 months time and have signed a wedding agreement with the venue and registrar.

He now decides he wants me moved out the property, due to him being the legal owner he has employed a solicitor to remove me. I have registered my 'home rights' with the land registry as I have a financial interest (the deposit and bills paid by myself in the property) and is denying I was promised half the home although I have evidence.

When making the mortgage application he didn't declare I gave him £5000 for the deposit nor did he declare I would be living in the property with him and paying the bills, is this wrong? As I've heard I should of signed a disclaimer? He has also admitted in a text since the split the mortgage solely believes he lives here alone and is not allowed a tenant so what have I been for the last 6 months?

Do I have a case against him? Please help!

Read more: Partner trying to remove me from home?!