Monday, April 18, 2016

Mortgage paid taxes twice. Now I have to pay them?

I got a notice from my mortgage company say that I owe then $4000 due in 15 days. Also, my monthly payment will go from 1300 per month to 1700. So I call them and they say its because the property taxes when up. But looking at the bill from the county, taxes actually when down.

After fighting with them for a few days They finally stated that they accidentally sent my yearly tax bill to the county twice and the county will not send the money back to them!

They are saying I need to pay them the full $4000 that they mistakenly sent to the county. I don't have the money. I have been paying my bill on-time every month. Now I have to pay one payment for 5,6000 at once! I don't know what to do because I cant pay.
Added (1). They as in the mortgage company sends the payment through my escrow account. They sent the payment twice for the whole year. So, instead of sending the county $4000 they sent $8000. Now they expect me to sent them (mortgage company) $4000 more to them because the county wont give the money back.
Added (2). They sent me the bill. They sent the county the payment (twice). I had already been paying towards escrow all year. Now they sent me a bill for $4000
Added (3). "owe the county or government money" No I pay all my bills on time for years. Maybe thats way im being targeted.

Read more: Mortgage paid taxes twice. Now I have to pay them?