Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Can my mortgage company Secure my house if I am not yet in foreclosure?


This summer I had found out that I was being medically discharged from the military. I had talked to the mortgage company right away to see about the process to ensure that I was able to make payments once I was unemployed. Staying wasn't an option for my family.

After months of dealing with the mortgage company, zero progress had been made and they kept turning me in circles. I am still unemployed, and not able to keep up with my mortgage payments. I have been trying to shortsale the house, but that has taken me months to get them to do all the hardship packets and everything, and my realtors are biting at the bit for them to approve our shortsale request.

Here's where my question comes into play. Today I received a notice from my security company that someone was breaking into the house. Cops went out and found a third party contractor company claiming they were winterizing the home. Later turns out they had forcibly entered the home through my back window and according to my security system, tampered with the main security box.

I called the mortgage company, and they claimed that since I currently do not live in the home they do not have to notify me if they send contractors out, and that they have the right to enter and secure the home.

I verified with them that I am not in foreclosure at this time, and they hadn't approved my shortsale request either. Im confused on how the company can do this if the home isn't abandoned, and not being foreclosed on yet?
Added (1). Already looked into the service member relief act, and I do not qualify due to the home being purchased during service.

Read more: Can my mortgage company Secure my house if I am not yet in foreclosure?