Saturday, February 25, 2017

How to Deal with Head of Household Proof with IRS?

I am single dad with 2 daughters that I support and have claimed since their birth. I got letter this year from IRS saying they are denying my claiming them unless I send them proof of support and relationship.
I sent them birth certificates, insurance cards but they also want mortgage receipts or rent receipts and utility receipts.
I was in an accident and had to rent out my home to keep from losing it.

We had to live with my parents part of the year and the rest of the time we lived in small trailer behind the house that I'm renting to someone else.

Can IRS deny my claiming my children because of living in home with my parents part of year? What is the best way to approach this problem? I feel it's very unfair! Nobody claims my family but me so who do they think is supporting them?

Read more: How to Deal with Head of Household Proof with IRS?