Monday, March 13, 2017

Do you think I will be able to refinance my house after I get my discharge papers from Chapter 13 bankruptcy?

About to be divorced, in a joint bankruptcy with my soon to be ex, she has agreed to take 35K in equity for the house to be bought out. The mortgage and home equity loans will combine to about 175K, never were delinquent (bankruptcy due to Credit Cards only), so will need to refinance 210K. Current Credit Score of 591, but heading upwards. My income is 58K per year, and have a stable government job, worked over 15 years. I am just a few months away from navigating this Chapter 13 bankruptcy successfully. Oh, and the house appraised at 305K. But won't have available $ as down payment.

Read more: Do you think I will be able to refinance my house after I get my discharge papers from Chapter 13 bankruptcy?