Thursday, March 9, 2017

Should I sell my house? I built a house in 2009 and lived in it. After our 1st child we needed something bigger,?

so I rented the house I grew up in from my dad for $700. It is older and needs some work, but bigger.

I rented my house out for $850 and my mortgage is $950 per month.
I am loosing a $100 per month.

If I sell, I would save $250 per month. I don't plan to buy another home, as I will most likely inherit this one. I just can not figure out how much to sell my current house for?
The current renter is interest, but tells me she does not have much money.

I bought it for $135,000, mortgage for $140,000 (fees, etc). I owe $126,000. My husband wants me to sell for pay off.
It is a newer house, and for the area another can not be found as new.

I want to make the tenant a price, but not sure what I should ask?
Added (1). Rent is comparable to a house next door for rent and was for rent at the same time. I preferred to take a loss of $100 then $950 at that time

Read more: Should I sell my house? I built a house in 2009 and lived in it. After our 1st child we needed something bigger,?