Friday, March 10, 2017

Will a 646 Credit Score get my Police application denied? I also recently made moves to improve my credit but it hasn't been reflected yet

I'm attempting to make a career change from my desk job to Law Enforcement. I racked up at 646 credit score due to a mortgage and other debt.

To remedy this I sold my summer car and used some of the equity to pay off other debt and put the rest into my investment account and bought mutual funds with it. I'm hoping the removal of one car loan and a few loans paid a couple months in advance will help my score. I also saved a good portion of the proceeds because the application also asks for all financial savings and showing you have something saved can't hurt.

I still have a month before I need to submit the Police Officer application and I'm curious to know if I'd be rejected with a 646 credit score and a mortgage and credit card debt even if it shows I'm making a huge effort to pay it all off?

Read more: Will a 646 Credit Score get my Police application denied? I also recently made moves to improve my credit but it hasn't been reflected yet