Sunday, April 9, 2017

Can we buy get a loan for a house if I don't have 24 months employment history?

My fiance and I want to buy a house soon after we get married [September]. His credit is great, I'm working on mine, and we're both working full-time. The only issue is I've been told we won't be able to get a loan because I haven't been working for two years. I am graduating next month-the reason I haven't worked the last 2 years- and have only been at my current job [internship turned job] since technically March 16th. We wouldn't buy until after September, probably not until Spring 2018, but is it possible to get a mortgage loan without 24 months employment history?

We would be looking to buy in Berkley County, WV.
Added (1). I just realized my mistake in the question. Sorry!

Read more: Can we buy get a loan for a house if I don't have 24 months employment history?