Monday, April 10, 2017

Should I consider a different career path I am doubting my field is worth it?

I am 26 y/o with a degree in Finance and recently got hired for the investment operations arm for a bank. I like my job but the pay is horrible for the amount of requirements they have. The barriers to entry is very high and the ones who make it are used to start off doing clerk work which does not require a degree at all. My manager is giving me the impression that I am underpaid for what I have contributed so far and is aware he can't keep me very long if he continues to pay the rate I am receiving right now. He suggested I pursue the CFA designation but I no longer have the patience with this field. There are other fields in banking that pays well but have little requirements such as mortgage banking or compliance.
Added (1). I saw a mortgage underwriter position offering up to $80k a year and a Escrow Admin position offering $30 per hour. Both did not require a degree just preferred and they did not require designations like the CFA or other bull$hit.

Read more: Should I consider a different career path I am doubting my field is worth it?