Thursday, May 18, 2017

My boss is referring his wife, a property agent, to me, I'd prefer not to use, what would you do?

I moved to a smaller city about two months ago for a better job.

My boss helped me to find a room for me to rent through his relative.
He's been living in this small city for over 40 years, he knows a lot of people in this small city.

While my wife and kids are still in Vancouver, By the time my family moved in here, we need more room or bigger house, and we're not used to rent.

So we're looking for a house now.
Coincidentally, the house is which room I rent is on the market now.

Been looking around for some other comparison, I fall in love with the house I'm living in.
It also meets my requirements, 3 beds + 2 bath up, 2 bed and 1 bath down as a mortgage helper.

Having known I'm looking for a house, my boss refers his wife, a property agent as a buyer agent. I feel a bit funny to use an agent to buy a house which I'm living in now. The buyer staying together with the seller.

One time, my boss wife came to the office and met me, she remind me that if I were looking for a house, she is there to help me.

I just don't feel good to 'bypass' her. It's also my boss who introduce me to the owner of the house I'm living in now. On the other side, I don't really need to use an agent as a buyer.

If you were me, what would you do?
Any opinion would be gladly appreciated.

Thank you

Read more: My boss is referring his wife, a property agent, to me, I'd prefer not to use, what would you do?