Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Help! We need to fix our drop in credit score fast!

We got pre approved for a mortgage loan. Our score was low but it's through the VA - USAA bank. It is has now dropped 80 points! Two late car payments and 2 late capital one payments is all it took. Back in February someone was texting and driving and rear ended my fiance 7 days after we bought the vehicle. We're still fighting with the car insurance who is totaling the vehicle on how much it was worth. This is the Michigan no fault state so it's not been a pretty battle. The problem is our car is drivable but costing us money to keep running until we can get it paid off by our car insurance and get a new loan. So do to unexpected finances, we have these late payments. My question is, we had 2 things on our credit we had to fix originally. Plus paying off the current debt and getting the credit card back in good standing. Is this going to save me? I hear it's easier to raise your credit quickly when you have a low score. But I just got approved for a home and I'm in desperate search of some answers. Please tell me I can fix this?!

Read more: Help! We need to fix our drop in credit score fast!