Wednesday, July 26, 2017

First time home buyer, a few?s?

Hi. I'm having no luck even getting the time of day from about a dozen real estate agents I have called from Zillow listings. Either no one answers and I leave my name and number in a voicemail, never to be called back, or someone answers and says they will call me back in an hour or two but never does. Are my calls being screened because I'm from a different but nearby area code? Am I unlucky so far and RE agents are typically very busy but not this much? Am I low priority because I'm interested in small, cheaper homes than average for the area? Are RE agents overworked like my old insurance agent whom I dropped because they said they were too busy to do business by phone and then took a week to respond to emails? I have talked to the VP of mortgages at my local bank branch and I have been preapproved for a loan, but if this is going to be like walking into a Ferrari dealer wearing faded overalls and a blue collar shirt, I have better uses for my time than wasting it.

Read more: First time home buyer, a few?s?