Sunday, July 2, 2017

Student loans want my disability benefits?

I have taken out a student loan in 2011. Shortly after I was diagnosed with MS. Because of this I have never been able to work full time, thus not earning enough to pay a single penny back. My MS has recently got worse and I'm now out of work and reviving PIP. A disability benefit. Student loans are demanding to know how much I receive, they also want to know who is supporting me financially now & how much they receive in income. They also want to know details about the mortgage of the house I live in. This house is not mine nor is my name anywhere on it. The contract I signed for this loan was in my name only and it stated it wanted repayments based o taxable income. So why do they need to know these details? They are threatening legal action so I'm very scared and it's making my health even worse. TIA

Read more: Student loans want my disability benefits?