Sunday, July 16, 2017

Who gets the family home?

my father lives in his family home after my grandmother past around 2005. She had a mortgage, he pays the mortgage but still in her name. I have two uncles one aunt my aunt past away shortly before my grandmother i'm not sure what happen as my mother has had me my whole life in another state. But has let me visit my father whenever i asked. But my two uncles one lives in another state half way across the country. My other uncle is in the same state as my father but is in and out of jail and has tried injurying my father. Here i thought my fathers name was on the house paperwork. Come to find out that my fathers paying my grandmothers mortgage in her name still to the day. So for whatever reason he never paid to switch it into his name or paid inheritance or whatever so technically my grandmothers and fathers house is still in her name. How does this work? When he passes does it go to me. Or is it going to be held from me because he never filed the new paperwork?

Read more: Who gets the family home?