Thursday, August 3, 2017

Am I better off renting or buying in this situation?

I'm currently renting a townhome with a roommate. We pay One thousand one hundred ninety four dollars per month or five hundred ninety five each.

I'm considering purchasing a townhouse. Prices run
one hundred thirty thousand to one hundred fifty thousand. I have about five to ten thousand to put down. Property Taxes will average three hundred per month plus one hundred sixty six dollar HOA fee per month. I'm considering a thirty year mortgage.

Will I be saving money with my roommate if I purchase? I know five thousand to ten thousand is not a lot to put down. Am I better off renting for five hundred ninety five each or do you think I'd end up paying less purchasing?

Read more: Am I better off renting or buying in this situation?