Saturday, August 19, 2017

How can I get my brothers to understand that they're being selfish and unfair?

So our dad has a farm but now that he is retired and works for an NGO he can't afford to pay all the expenses for its upkeep so my siblings and I have to chip in, which is totally understandable.
What feels unfair to me as that they want to split the payments equally which does not make sense because we don't all earn the same salary.
Since I took in my sister who is living with a disability (I took her in to relieve my parents) I have been taking care of her and even paid a lot of money for the courses she has been doing. No one offered to compensate me for this or sent us a dime as a way to offer support but I never complained once. I took her on as my responsibility and I'm fine with that.

My brothers both have free housing because of their work so they don't pay rent or mortgages. In the meantime I had to move to a bigger apartment recently so that my sister can have her own space and I can barely keep up with the rent.

My older brother is married to a Vet and they're making a pretty dollar. They can afford things that my sister and I can only dream of, they are way better off and yet they still feel that the bills for the farm should be split equally

Furthermore, since my dad is old school he plainly told us that my brothers will inherit most of the farm according to his will because they are men so in all honestly it's really more their responsibility than mine

I barely make ends meet because of my sister's needs and yet my brothers have no compassion towards me
Added (1). I don't want to complain because I love my parents and I'd do anything for them and I want to help where my brothers are not willing to help so they can keep going.
I also support my grandmother financially with a monthly allowance but my brothers don't really care for her, they don't give her anything because she's not their problem
They can afford retreats with their wives but I can't afford to take our sister anywhere
Added (2). Anyway how do I bring this up in the kindest way possible so as not to bring strife? I don't want to fight with them at all, I just want them to see how hard it's going to be for me while they live comfortably

Read more: How can I get my brothers to understand that they're being selfish and unfair?