Wednesday, September 6, 2017

How do I apply for a credit card?

So I guess I'll explain my question. I'm fresh out of college, just started a full-time job, and am currently trying to apply for my first credit card.

I have never done so before, because everyone said it was a terrible mistake to make. But, I'm very much responsible, and would someday like to own my own home, so I figured getting a credit card and keeping an excellent credit score would look good.

Now, my issue is, I'm currently trying to apply for a credit card, and it is asking me if I own or rent, and if so, how much I spend on a mortgage or rent.

My issue is… I live with my friend who owns his own condo, and we split the bills/condo fees/etc. Since the condo is not under my ownership, I'm certain selecting 'own' is not right. And technically I'm not renting either, so I don't think that option is valid.

What am I supposed to do for this part of the credit card application? There are no other options to select, it only lets me choose rent or own.

Thanks in advance.

Read more: How do I apply for a credit card?