Monday, September 11, 2017

Is it possible to buy a home with 25k?

Recently my father signed over a property to me because it was in bad shape and he couldn't care for it anymore. Initially I had plans of fixing it up and moving in so I hired a few people to come take a look. I got multiple free estimes will all the same bad news. Needed a complete remodel from the leaking roof all the way down to the rotted trusses underneath the home. I was told my best option was to sell the house because I did not have to money for repairs. Anyways, I sold the house for 30k and as happy as I'm to have the money I'm also a little upset because I had hopes that I would finally have a home and now that I look at the prices of homes in my area I realize I don't actually have enough. I live in Pensacola Florida and this is a vacation town so all the houses here are ridiculously high. I don't want a mortgage, because as my grand father used to say, "making payments is great until it isn't. What if something happens" and by that he means if I were to get in an accident where I can't work anymore then I wouldn't be able to work and pay the mortgage. Does anyone have any advice?

Read more: Is it possible to buy a home with 25k?