Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Mortgage in clear to close?

I'm finally in "clear to close" on my house. I've been living in this house for years and finally purchasing. It has been a hard process as I'm using a VA loan, an old house, and have questionable credit. I've had to fix my credit, get two appraisals (which I had to repaint the entire house as well as re-floor many rooms), and get two pest inspections. I've I've tried to be very careful, but recently had to use a credit card that was at a 0 balance. It was only $400 but already paid it off. The $0 balance hasn't showed on the credit report yet. The mortgage company emailed me saying congrats and they will have the close date soon. I'm reading that they re-check the credit before "clear to close" and other places it says they won't rerun until "close". So would I be "clear to close" if they still need to check my credit? I'm just VERY concerned that something could go terribly wrong at this point.

Read more: Mortgage in clear to close?