Friday, September 29, 2017

When shopping for a home loan, should I ask each lender for a pre-qualification or pre-approval for their rates and best faith estimate?

I have 4 lenders I would like to compare. I know it's best to do some with in a 14 day period so my credit takes it as 1 inquiry for a first time mortgage. I'm confused if I need to ask for an pre-qualification or pre-approval from each lender. If I receive a pre-qualification would that show the rates I qualify for, fees, and terms of the loan?

I'm relocating and don't need a pre-approval until January. I reached out to the lenders provided through my relocation company asking for an estimate with out pulling my credit. Only one person seemed helpful. I'm assuming I need to reach out again a week or so before I plan on looking for houses. Any thoughts on the shopping for a home mortgage?

Currently I have Wells Fargo, Quicken Loans, and Bank Rate. May try USAA. I will be moving to Denver, Colorado.

Read more: When shopping for a home loan, should I ask each lender for a pre-qualification or pre-approval for their rates and best faith estimate?