Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Should I try for a baby now or wait until I'm more financially stable? Is there ever a right time

I'm currently living at home but have around £6k savings. I recently found out that I have some health issues which could result in infertility in the future. My boyfriend earns £25k a year and I earn £36k. We're keen to try for a baby and continue to save whilst living at home for the duration of the pregnancy so that we may have enough for a mortgage or at least part by part rent. However I'm in a new job so I won't qualify for full pay maternity. I know I could wait but this news about my health has really made me worry.

Do you think we could afford to rent on my partners salary and the statutory sick pay which is around £125 p/w? What would you do? I know our child will be so loved but I don't want to rush in and not be able to give my baby everything it needs.

Read more: Should I try for a baby now or wait until I'm more financially stable? Is there ever a right time