Tuesday, December 5, 2017

How do you purchase a property when self employed?

Now, I'm 19 at this very moment, 20 next month. I know where I want to be, and am taking the steps to get a business loan and work towards setting up a dog training facility, specializing in behavior issues and offering puppy classes.

I'm trying to ensure I have a plan and my life is in order.

What I'm hoping to learn about here, is purchasing a property while self employed. I have been told by numerous people that I will need to be employed by somebody else for 2 full years before I could even be considered for a mortgage. I have wanted to own a decent chunk of land since I was young, as I was raised in the country before moving to a town.

I'm in Ontario Canada

What are the typical steps to go through, to obtain a mortgage while self employed?

And how long would I need to be self employed?

I'm not enjoying renting and figure I should get my life in order now, so I can stop renting.
Added (1). I have been raising and training dogs since 7 years old, faced with numerous issues and corrected them, as well as assisted others with behavior issues
Added (2). I'm just generally asking, I have a ways to go.

Read more: How do you purchase a property when self employed?