Sunday, February 18, 2018

In the UK is it true that some mortgages are void due to the banks failing to change the wording on mortgage offers post 1989? - 1

I'm trying to sell my house and a company got in touch to say that my mortgage offer I received back in 2012 might be void. I sent a copy to them and they said that the bank had failed to change the wording in line with changes that had happened in 1989. This essentially makes it void and I'm due money back. Clearly they are going to take a few for the service. But has anyone come across this? Is it a scam? All I understand is that it's technical jargon that the average joe wouldn't even realise and solicitors wouldn't really check for it if you buy a house. Is there anything in this?

Read more: In the UK is it true that some mortgages are void due to the banks failing to change the wording on mortgage offers post 1989? - 1