Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Could I get approved for a mortgage? Good credit, decent down-payment, but changed jobs and didn't make much the last two years?

I'm wondering if it is worth my time to make an appointment regarding a mortgage or if I'm an automatic no. I worked at Sobeys for 5 years during high school (full time in summer, part time during school), and moved to another province to take a better paying job for last summer. I returned home for schooling and was receiving unemployment at that time, but withdrew due to my anxiety, and returned to the better paying province and got a permanent full time position, 44 hours per week (2.5 overtime) making $21 an hour, going up to $25 in about two weeks when my three month probation is over (I know I wouldn t get approved while on probation but the owner loves me and says I'm a great worker, so its basically over anyway)
I can put 20,000-25,000 down and have great credit. My student loans will be about $450 per month and I have no other loans. The only thing is the last two years my employment varied and while in school I wasn't making much--maybe 10,000 in 2016 and 20,000 in 2017. My employment is full time permanent now, but I don't know if that is enough.
I could put my partner on as well as he makes roughly double what I do, but he recently bought a home and I've heard its more difficult to get a second mortgage -- but he has bad credit and barely qualified for his first-had to put 20 percent down.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/could-i-get-approved-for-a-mortgage-good-credit-decent.html