Friday, March 2, 2018

Is it at all possible to get a home load if no one in the household currently has a regular job?

I don't know how my grandmother managed to get away with it in our current house, but maybe it was because she was a carer to my great-grandmother at the time. I found a house in our area that is a lot cheaper meaning we'd have a very low repayment if we sold our current house (literally $86!). The only problem is that I'm a full-time student and I haven't managed to find a job yet. I have a good amount in savings, but I don't think that matters to the bank even if it is enough to cover the entire mortgage if needed. Do you think that the bank that's supporting my grandmother currently would give her a new mortgage if she sells our current house since the repayments would be far cheaper anyway and we'd be able to send payments on time in comparison to our current situation? I know nothing on this subject, but it would be a huge weight of her shoulders if we could get this other house. It's over $240000 cheaper than the house we live in now…
Added (1). We live in Australia if that makes any difference.
Added (2). I meant home *loan. Oops.

Read more: Is it at all possible to get a home load if no one in the household currently has a regular job?