Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Grandmother dies with no will, daughter gets house and isn't paying the mortgage, can the granddaughter take her to court for the house?

My grandma died last year and did not have a will. My mom got her house because of that. She is now 4 months behind on the mortgage, she has no income coming in at all. This house has been in our family for 30 years now and I really don't want to lose it. I have tried asking her if I can move in and take over the mortgage and she refuses. Before she moved in she was homeless and on drugs. I feel like she is just trying to stay there until they foreclose it. Is there anything I can do to get the house from her? I have a stable job and good income coming in. Can I take her to court for it? Or am I out of luck?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/grandmother-dies-with-no-will-daughter-gets-house-and.html