Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Why won't he propose?

I'm 25 and he's 35. I thought we're practically engaged but its changed. I get that these things change but why? It's been 3 years now & no signs of him proposing. I live with my dad & he has his own house and mortgage. He's had just 1 serious girlfriend before. He's been asking me to move in for over a year but I've always said no as we aren't engaged & ATM his house is a mess he's got so lazy he doesn't do dishes or clean. I bought him cleaning stuff a hoover etc. I said I can't move in until it's sorted. His spare room you can't even get in there. ATM it just isn't practical for me to live because there's nowhere for my stuff etc & it has to be comfortable for me if I'm gona live there right? His washing machine has never worked since I've been with him. He used to have a family friend who was his cleaner but she's gone so he just doesn't wash his clothes for ages then gives them to me. He should have the motivation to sort the house and propose? I know he works late & long hours but it's getting ridiculous. He used to mention the words "forever" but when I mention it now he says forever is a long time things can change. Maybe he stays with me because it's easier. He says if I lived there he would clean up & would never leave mess. All my friends are saving for weddings/houses/getting engaged & been together less time so why aren't we doing the same? My friend is 21 & got deposit & getting a mortgage with her boyfriend of 2 years. He's 35 doesn't he want to settle down or have kids?

Read more: Why won't he propose?