Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Apartment I live in got broken into and my landlord told the contractor who she is friends with to bill me for the broken window?

The contractor has now sent me to collections and marked my credit. I'm trying to buy a house and I'm afraid this will hurt my ability to get a good rate on my mortgage. Without paying it, what is the fastest way to get my credit report corrected and get the contractor to bill my landlord?
Added (1). I did tell the contractor I didn't owe him. I didn't call him or arrange the repairs. Didn't sign anything, and was never taken to court. I did file a claim to my renters insurance for the stuff of mine that was stolen.

Read more: Apartment I live in got broken into and my landlord told the contractor who she is friends with to bill me for the broken window?