Sunday, July 22, 2018

Anyone have personal experience with buying a house and getting a mortgage on a little more than 2 minimum wage salaries?

Ok so my boyfriend and I want to buy a house and get a mortage in about 1 year from now. We will both be 21 and credit scores are both above 700. We will have around $5,000 cash saved for downpayment/ closing costs. We're hoping we could get an FHA or some other type of assistance. Anyone had a similar personal experience they would like to share?

More individual info about us:
Me: Will be a college graduate with Bachelors/ I have no debt/ I have been making $7.25 for the last 3 years (because of school I have only had seasonal work so no steady job)
Him: Makes $9.50 an hour/ work has been steady for last 3 years/ no debt

Read more: Anyone have personal experience with buying a house and getting a mortgage on a little more than 2 minimum wage salaries?