Saturday, July 14, 2018

How do I get my FHA loan to cover new countertops?

My fiance and I are buying our first home, the seller is willing to complete all things necessary for us to feel comfortable buying it. One of these things include new countertops. The person who installed the current ones created a seam with the vinyl right near the middle of the sink. It's already bubbling and it will definitely need to be replaced. I just don't know if FHA will wrap those costs into the loan so we don't have to pay out of pocket for it. Does anyone have any experience with this? From what I have read, it would be considered cosmetic, therefore not being covered. But since it's right on a water source, I feel like it could be considered hazardous and at risk for mold and other issues.

Read more: How do I get my FHA loan to cover new countertops?