Saturday, July 7, 2018

I'm self employed and have a deposit for a home loan BUT I will need to lie on tax return to qualify, can you help me decide between?

Lying on tax return, pay a big tax bill and lose my benefits for the joy of owning my own home OR keep renting, get a permanent job and hope I earn enough to qualify in another 6 mionths or so.

Time is running out. I'm nearly 50, have 2 young children, single and want to buy in Sydney where prices are high.

I pay more rent now than I would a mortgage but banks don't consider that - just what money I bring in.

I'm not concerned about getting caught lying because most people pay me cash but I just don't want to have to write up ledgers. Seems like so much work.

I would love to hear from an accountant or broker who has experience and can suggest the best way forward.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/i-m-self-employed-and-have-a-deposit-for-a-home-loan.html