Saturday, July 7, 2018

Home seller terminated my contract and their own buying contract. How would you handle this?

We searched for this home for over a year and found it. Paid over asking and removed all contingencies except for inspection and mortgage.

The sellers put an addendum to the contract stating contingent on their closing on their newer home and that they were already past inspection and attorney review. And mortgage commitment was coming in a few days. So 5 days before their closing and well after due diligence as far as I'm concerned they find out they can't put an addition or pool in their new home and cancel their contract. Then send my attorney a termination letter as well

We're absolutely broken at this stage of the game and I'm trying my hardest to not go and do anything stupid.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/home-seller-terminated-my-contract-and-their-own-buying.html