Friday, July 20, 2018

Will I have access to my husband's pay while he is at USMC bootcamp?

My husband leaves for boot camp in San Diego in about 20 days. When he was first looking into joining, his recruiter sat us down with another recruiter to go over my concerns. My top concern was financial because we're married and have many bills together (some which are just in my name because I have the better credit) so I depend on his income to pay mortgage and bills. They told us that while in boot camp he will have the option to wire money home and they made it seem like every time he got paid he d have the option. Now upon further research and after a letter I had to write stating that I understand that I ll be financially independent while he is there I'm starting to worry that they lied. So what is it? Can he wire me money? Will I have access to his account? As far as we know they said he will get an account at pcmu for his pay. I also was made special power of attorney. Does that give me access to funds? He already is getting some things paused while he s gone but I can't afford the rest just on my own. His recruiter seems to just say everything will be fine but if he can I will barely be scraping by. (He's doing reserves so housing pay doesn't apply)

Read more: Will I have access to my husband's pay while he is at USMC bootcamp?