Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Can a housing loan fall through due to work history?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. Our lease is up in January and we've started looking at houses. He has been preapproved.
My credit score is too low to use my income on the mortgage.
With that being said, we found a house that we love, put an offer in, and now we're giving over W2's, Bank Statments, etc.

I'm a tad bit worried. Personally, I've been with my company for 2 years and have a solid work history.
On the other hand, he was in school about a year ago, had a few temp jobs during schooling, found a job for his degree, got laid off from that job, and has been at his current company for 6 months.
Our income is solid, I just worry about being denied because of the inconsistency.

Is there a good chance of denial?

Read more: Can a housing loan fall through due to work history?