Monday, August 20, 2018

Is cost of living in the US increasing a lot to the point where it's pinching the middle class or is it just me and/or my area?

I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area, and they're just building a bunch of high rent apartments, I don't know how anybody can afford 1,500 a month on a one bedroom.

Houses, they're extremely expensive now. I wanted to buy a car and was surprised to see suvs at 70,000 dollars, when that was the cost of a house not many years ago.

Everything on the grocery store worth anything is $5 dollars and up, even toilet paper has gotten expensive.

Honestly I don't see wages increasing, at my job I've seen a lot of firings and management wanting less people doing more, they did hire a few upper positions that pay well but nothing compared to the number of people working before.

I've I do a search on the job I have on web search sites, the pay they advertise is considerably lower.

I mean I do see new cars on the roads, etc. But have seen a decline in dine in restaurants and surge in fast food.

Me earning 50,000 a year, and paying a mortgage from many years ago at 550 dollars a month, can't see how I would be able to survive now if I didn't have that mortgage and the job I have.

Am I just living in an alternate world, or are things getting harder due to rising costs? I'm very good managing money so I'm not in desperate situation, but I feel the pinch, I can't imagine like I said, if earned less and had to pay so much rent, and housing costs are so high now.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/is-cost-of-living-in-the-us-increasing-a-lot-to-the.html